Wool Carpet Care Tips By All Clean Chem-Dry
One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is removal of spots and spills from everyday mishaps. It is of the utmost importance to act quickly when anything is dropped or spilled, and always have the necessary cleaning materials easily accessible. All Clean Chem-Dry uses special professional cleaning agents designed for use and care of your wool carpets.
Frequent vacuuming is a wool carpet’s best friend.
- An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. You may require a suction-only vacuum for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing. Also, you should empty the vacuum cleaner dust bag when half full.
- Exercise prevention maintenance by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used entrances to your home. Change or launder when these mats become dirty. You should also change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems regularly.
- Periodically clean traffic lanes and the areas in front of frequently used chairs.
- Keep absorbent cloth or paper towels and cleaning solutions on hand for quick response to spills and accidents.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by All Clean Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.