Basic Rug Care With All Clean Chem-Dry
Rugs deserve the same care as wall-to-wall carpet and, in some cases, require special attention.
- Washing rugs : If your rug is small and the label says “machine washable”, shake the rug outside first and then put it in the washing machine at the recommended temperature. Use warm water (90 to 105 degrees) and a mild detergent. Tumble your rug dry at the lowest heat setting your dryer has.
- Beating larger rugs : If your larger area rug is easy to pick up, shake it outside first; then put it over a clothesline and beat it like your grandmother taught you. Next, take the rug inside and vacuum it. If the label says dry clean only, then roll it up and take it to a professional rug cleaner. Save time by calling ahead to see if the cleaner does area rug cleaning, many do not. Trust your rugs of all types with All Clean Chem-Dry‘s technicians who have been trained as an Area Rug Expert for off-site cleaning.
- Vacuuming area rugs : Area rugs with fringe require special technique. Use gentle suction and start from the center of the carpet, vacuuming toward the fringe and being careful not to catch the strands in the beater bar. Lift the carpet edge to vacuum beneath the fringe.
- Caring for Oriental, Turkish or Persian rugs : Clean imported rugs according to your carpet manufacturer’s specifications or bring in a professional cleaning service. Be gentle with fringe. For heirloom-type rugs, you need professionals. Call All Clean Chem-Dry at (559) 292-9070 to learn more about Expert Area Rug cleaning services.
- Carpet Care Tips With All Clean Chem-Dry
- Basic Rug Care With All Clean Chem-Dry
- Filtration Soiling Problems? Call All Clean Chem-Dry.
- Spot Removal Steps Recommended By All Clean Chem-Dry
- Urine Odor Removal Tips By All Clean Chem-Dry
- Wool Carpet Care Tips By All Clean Chem-Dry
Carpet Cleaning$20 off carpet cleaningCoupon Code, 20offExpires: Minimum service charges apply. Offer not valid with prior purchases or any other offer. HCE Cleaning Method.All Clean Chem-Dry